Fill up your feed - create Community
Read more about the terms and conditions which govern our Community
Community is an integral component of FLEX for any multi-user activity you might engage in. From training with friends with your own FLEX to downloading workout templates or monitoring athletes you might coach remotely.
When you first open your FLEX account, your Community will be empty. Use the search functionality to find other FLEX users. To do this, tap the Add/Manage button at the top of the screen.
Add / Manage
Tap the SEARCH field to start typing a name or just a few letters.
- Select the profile that you wish to follow
- Tap the REQUEST TO FOLLOW button - this will send a Follow request to that user. Once they approve you, their training stats will appear in your COMMUNITY feed.
By tapping the FOLLOWING button you will see the list of users you Follow (and who Follow you back).
You can tap an individual's profile image to:
- View their profile
- Unfollow them
- Check their stats
- Mute their profile from your notifications and feed
- Add them to a GROUP
- Scroll through their session feed
If you press 'stats' arrow on the bottom right hand side of any Community feed item, you can expand it and view the detailed stats from the training session. Use the swipe feature and App buttons to drill into the session for sets, reps and statistics. This functions in the same way that reviewing a session in HISTORY does.
Show your respect on a training session. Do this by tapping the grey fist to the left of the feed.
Press the speech bubble icon on the bottom right hand side of a feed item and leave a message about that session. Your friend will get a notification that the message was left for them, and will be able to respond.
DOWNLOADING WORKOUT TEMPLATES
Press the STAR icon to download a session and save it into your Workouts library. You will be able to load this Workout at a later time, with all exercises, sets and reps included. FLEX will step you through the enitre workout. You can even set their performance metrics (like mean velocity) as your target.
- If you download as %1RM, FLEX will convert their loads to your equivalent RM (if you have entered a 1RM for the relevant exercise in your 1RM History).
- If you download as absolute load, you will save the actual kg or lbs they used during their session.
UPLOAD YOUR OWN WORKOUTS
Your workouts stats are automatically uploaded to Community. If you do not ACCEPT any friend requests, no one else can see your data.
You can also make your profile PRIVATE in your profile settings.
To add templates with your own images to Community posts, select SHARE SESSION instead of EXIT TRAINING immediately after finishing a session, or, you can 'Share to Community' or 'Share to Social' from History, and get another opportunity to attach a photo.
- Creating Groups: Community is where you create connections with other users if you want to train with them in FLEX. You do not need any extra steps, just follow the ADD/MANAGE instructions above. When you add an additional lifter to a session, you will be shown your Community list and select users from there.
- Accepting Sessions: If people train with you, they can save their own session data.
The data will be held in a pending state after the session and a notification will be sent to their Community feed.
To claim the data, they need to login in to the FLEX app with their own profile, check Community and 'accept' the session